Thriving and resilient communities promoting planetary health and regeneration.
To create an accessible and evolving international platform for learning, action and advocacy in service to community-led initiatives on climate change and sustainability in Europe.
The members of ECOLISE are guided at all times by a commitment to:
- Increase resilience and empower local communities
- Recognise the strong and complex interdependence of the environment, cultural, social and the economic dimensions
- Move towards a life sustaining culture inspired by nature
- Support social inclusion and active citizen participation in governance at all levels
- Progress through research, innovation and cooperation
- Work in the interest of all the members of the network and towards common goals
- Care for the planet and all living beings
- Value our collaborative work equally, both volunteer and paid work
- Honour a systems thinking approach – work in one area affects another.
- Joyful and empathic collective action
- Accountability, transparency and social responsibility
- Social justice and a respect for human and environmental rights
- Political independence, non-discrimination and respect for diversity
- Fairer distribution of society’s wealth, resources and opportunities leading to economic equality
- Building multicultural bridges, including outside of Europe.