ECOLISE is recruiting for the post of Administrator
ECOLISE has just opened an office in Brussels and is currently recruiting for the post of Administrator. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to ECOLISE’s work. The Administrator will assist and support the Executive and Deputy Director with financial, human resources and general administration of ECOLISE.
Are you inspired to play a crucial role in a fast-developing organisation focused on supporting citizen and community-led responses to the climate and ecological emergency? Do you have the skills, experience and imagination to help support a community-led transformation to a more sustainable and just society at this pivotal point in history? ECOLISE is offering a stimulating, international work environment, a values-based organisation promoting a healthy life-work balance and an opportunity to work for a vital cause.
Read on for more details on how to apply for this post.
The Administrator will support the Executive and Deputy Director in the following:
Human Resources Management:
- Handle HR operational or technical information and provide support in the organisation of recruitment processes
- Assist in sourcing candidates: posting job ads, organizing resumés and job applications, coordinating communication with candidates and scheduling interviews
- Deal with employee requests, compile and update employee records, payroll preparation
- Assist in developing the financial management and control culture within ECOLISE and with external stakeholders;
- Contribute to project design and implementation regarding financial aspects and maintain grant and financial management systems;
- Verify and approve financial reports and request for payments; coordinate audit activities of ECOLISE
- Provide support during the implementation of externally funded projects to help fulfil reporting obligations and other aspects of project management as necessary
- Execute routine office duties such as the input of database information, dealing with correspondence, maintenance grant-related intranet information, maintenance of funders’ information and rules
- Offer support to the Executive or Deputy Director in day-to-day operations of office management, events organisation and documenting procedures.
The successful candidate is expected to have a combination of the following experience, knowledge and skills:
At least two years’ work experience covering some/all of the following areas:
- Project-related administration
- financial management, audit or internal control, monitoring budgets
- office management and administration, including HR and contract administration, with agreements, grant conditions and any other legal documents
- working with EU and other international funding schemes is considered an asset
- use of the standard range of software packages and platforms, including Excel and WinBooks
- planning, work organisation and multi-tasking skills to ensure effective and timely output in an autonomous way and with a focus on priorities
- Interest and/or experience in working in an environmental organisation or community-led initiatives
- Interest and/or experience in working in an international working environment.
- Knowledge of recruitment and personnel administration processes
- Knowledge of grant management processes, financial management, internal control, risk management and budgeting
- Knowledge of accounting and audit standards and practice
- Knowledge of the legal and financial requirements of NGOs and publicly funded projects
- Knowledge of Belgian administration practices
- Teamwork – the ability to deal and collaborate with people in a friendly and professional manner and to establish effective channels of communication and liaison in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyse financial data
- Comprehensive IT-skills, including very good knowledge of spreadsheets and basic knowledge of accounting systems
- Can communicate, present and draft clearly and concisely
- Flexibility (we expect and offer flexibility regarding work schedules)
- Service-oriented attitude, start-up mentality, well-organised and good judgement
- Self-initiative and the ability to work both independently with a minimum of supervision and as part of a team.
- Post-secondary or higher education programme in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business administration or (administrative) law.
- Perfect command of written and spoken English (the working language of ECOLISE)
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch, would be a definite advantage
- Knowledge of another major EU language is an asset.
Terms of employment
Period of employment: 1-year contract with the possibility of renewal
Location: ECOLISE Office, Brussels, Belgium.
Remuneration: In the range EUR 18-30000/year for 60% full-time equivalent (FTE) or 3 days/week.
Note: ECOLISE is in the process of becoming a direct employer of staff thus contracting arrangements as a free-lancer or employee are to be negotiated.
To apply: Please send your CV and Letter of Motivation in English to including the words “Administrator Post” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is at 23:59 Central European Summer Time (CEST) on the 24 October 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by the 4th of November. Interviews will take place remotely during the week of the 9th of November.
Note: ECOLISE is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of gender equality and non-discrimination. Only those candidates whose application is selected for interview will be contacted for further exchanges.
ECOLISE, the European network for community-led initiatives on climate change and sustainability, is a coalition of organisations engaged in promoting and supporting local communities across Europe in their efforts to build pathways to a sustainable future. The members of ECOLISE include international, national and regional networks of community-led initiatives, as well as other organisations engaged in European-level research, training, communications or other activities to support community-led climate action and sustainability. You can read the current ECOLISE strategy here and you will find more information on our website. Established in 2014, ECOLISE is now seeking to expand the team to bring in new skills and experience to meet a growing volume of work.