Making Local Woods Work – Networking Event
Everybody involved in community woods is warmly invited to join us for a unique opportunity to connect and learn with other people and woodland projects. This event is open to anyone running or setting up a woodland social enterprise.
The event is set in the inspiring location of Garvagh People’s Forest – providing an opportunity for tailored, in-depth conversation on the topics most important to you.
* Guided tour of Garvagh People’s Forest
* Relationships with land owners and managing agents
* Woodland social enterprises – business models and community structures
* Well-being programmes in a woodland setting
* Woodland conservation and protection
* Community and member engagement
Format: The event will take place mostly outdoors around a fire. There will be a shared lunch and a chance to walk, talk and listen. This is a networking event for woodland projects, rather than a family fun day. However there will be some child friendly activities (such as a treasure hunt and den-making) supervised by experienced volunteers. Please wear waterproof coats and shoes for damp ground. If it rains hard, we will move undercover.
For more information:
* on the event, contact event organiser and facilitator, Jo Bird firstname.lastname@example.org 07970075704
* on Making Local Woods Work programme, contact Megan.McFarlane@plunkett.co.uk 01993 810730 or Norman.Dandy@plunkett.co.uk
Booking your place: If you would like to attend this event, please book your place through www.garvagh.eventbrite.co.uk . Booking before Monday 18 September makes sure your food and other needs will be met. Overnight accommodation is available separately at www.gortinglen.co.uk
Thank you: This event is free because it is supported by Making Local Woods Work: a BIG Lottery fund project led by the Plunkett Foundation. The event also celebrates the European Day of Sustainable Communities.